Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head

Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head
           by andre
I took out the silver box with a white font sabyying PROLINE on it, opened it & saw my tripod bag. The tripod bag is tidy & well stitched, I can see it will finally last for a long time. The strap is firm & I can wear it all day without it hurting me. There is little pocket inside the tripod, I unzipped the pocket & found this octagon screwdriver inside, I was once wondering what this tripod needed it for. I looked around my tripod & saw a octagon formed screw on the ball head, I am guessing it is for removing the ball head if a replacement is necessary.

My Dolica Proline AX620B100 came in a immense box from Amazon. I opened it & there was a smaller box inside which was my Tripod box with a bunch of brown recycling papers around it they used for padding.

The best thing about this tripod is the icy ball head, you can adjust it to shoot vertically or horizontally & move the camera to shoot up & down, & what is great is there is lever you need to pop out to adjust this. I went on a photograph shoot yesterday with my tripod at the Japanese garden in my community college & it is great. The instructions say it can hold up to a tiny over 13 lbs, but I don't know if it is the tripod itself or the head. Another thing I do know is the head is actually lovely & looks like it can hold a a weight, but I query if it can actually hold 13.

I unzipped the bag & took out my tripod. The tripod itself is light, it must weigh a tiny over two lbs. The tripod feels sturdy & stable, there's these soft squishy padding that wraps around the top of each leg & of them says PROLINE in front of it. At the bottom of each legs are rubber feet & hiding it are little metal spikes that you twist the feet for it to come out. Twist it in the opposite direction to hide them back so it doesn't wear out if you are using it on cement. Most of it is aluminum but there's some plastic but the plastic are not cheap & are respectable at least. There is as well as a hook at the bottom of the long pole extension between the two legs, you can add weight to it to weigh down the tripod.

It is quick to take out your camera from your tripod & re-attach it. There is this lever that you need to press along with another button to remove it, you need to pop the camera back onto the tripod & the lever will pop back in it is place securing your camera.

There is as well as a little compass on the tripod although I will probably never need it.

This tripod is well worth the cost. This is the first tripod I have bought. My mate has a Sunpak tripod that I use before I bought my own, & all I can say is my tripod is much better than his for the money. I did research before I bought my tripod & because I ended up purchasing this tripod, I knew this tripod would not disappoint & it didn't

No comments:

Post a Comment